Ardhanaareshwara

Ardhanaareshwara

Monday, December 25, 2006

Restaurant at the end of the Universe

Now what if the Vogons are really contemplating to demolish the Earth in order to facilitate the hyperspace bypass? What if the notice has been put up a while at the local planning office at Alpha Centauri? What if the time turbines at the Restaurant at the end of the universe have conjured the grand finale and would re-run it shortly? Like; is Douglas Adams re-asserting panspermia with all the Golgafrincham talk?

Now Am I paranoid!

Ever since I read Danikken’s thoughts on panspermia, I have subscribed with the curiosity of a child (at 20 I am still one).

Today I finished the second book in the Hitchhiker series; The Restaurant at the end of the Universe.

Being a dilettante at etymology and linguistics myself I have no choice but to conform to Adams who says, “The major problem of time travel is that of grammar”. Yes I will be unequivocal, it is going to be.

Consider this when Arthur and Ford are 2 million years into the Earth’s past in what would be Europe.

“It’s where I was born” – Arthur

“Was?”- Ford

“All right, will be!” – Arthur.

Douglas Adams slings pointed questions at the fatuousness of man.

Man and his pre-occupation with his ego are dealt with comedy! The total perspective Vortex for example and how Zaphod survives it (by chance)!

Hmm And I think Douglas Adams has partly got it right that the real ruler of the Universe finds all this an illusion that is not!

So much for Part II of the exciting series!

I had quite a few Christmas cakes and wine (non-alcoholic) today.

Then again why is man running after alcohol and intoxication?

There are far greater intoxicants than alcohol and still pleasurable ones.

Music, books, work et al.

And some like tea (intoxicating eh!!, hmm try seven glasses a day) are even stimulating unlike alcohol which is devitalizing.

Had visited Sita chechis’ and Abcs’ with cecil today. And before having wine at both these places, I ensured its home made and alcohol free. Hmm like I said I have far greater and saner intoxicants. So much for life!

1 comment:

The Rocking Heart said...

RAEOTU is nice read man.. Zaphod Beeblebrox rocks!!