Ardhanaareshwara

Ardhanaareshwara

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Sea-Goddess!

Yesterday was a bright and sunny day. And as (is sometimes) usual I overslept. Waking up at 11.40 would mean to some people as wasting the better part of the day and this exactly is the problem with some people, they do not give me my space (and time). I thought I would give delayed sleep phase syndrome a break! (wink). But some things are quite next to impossible.

And yes, yesterday was Christmas.

Been a long time since I did some labour.I washed up the car (aka Minnu)

and my Black Pearl (aka the Silver Stallion). Not that I do the wash part well!
Meanwhile Cris (aka Sita Chechi) came up and Cecil had a good time. I spent a few boring hours in front of the computer and the Hitchhiker book III.
i mean which side of the road

(plagiarized caption)

Somewhere towards the evening I remembered, it is X-mas. A coupla phone calls and viola Skooly, Achu,Pappan and me were on the car (Skooly’s) headed for shanghumugham.


It was the nth time this year that I was seeing the beach. But yesterday I felt her blush at the attention she got. X-Mas was a time to be merry and you could tell by the number of people who had come up to the beach! A band of chillers, a few hundred families and cartons of police jeeps and us. We were unnoticeable in the crowd. Now I know how the total perspective vortex would work.

“…..it shows its victim the entire unimaginable infinity of the universe with a very tiny marker that says "You Are Here" which points to a microscopic dot on a microscopic dot.”

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Total_Perspective_Vortex


I could easily blend in, that is somehow my specialty. Maybe I would beat Zaphod at beating the vortex. I have no problem in realizing I am just a speck on a speck on another speck. But just like many heroic possibilities of mine the Vortex is pure fiction.

---

Christmas is a day of fun and exultation, euphoria and joy, cakes and wine, Christ and hymns. But for me Christmas is just another day. It’s often sunny and luke-warm. Maybe because I do not have any special inclination to Christ; he gave me no dime.

This christmas wasn’t exactly eupeptic. I had suffered a quick scar on my mind.

Last saarang was fine and a prize there was for long a dream. I am at times pugnacious and do not give up. At such times I make dreams come true.


“……..The CET team returned with just one prize, seemingly inconsequential but powerful enough to turn the incumbent tide and urge more youngsters to do more.”

http://www.hindu.com/mp/2006/02/04/stories/2006020401010200.htm

That prize was mine!

So what would I feel when I hear part of the team members were vile (don’t read wise) enough to manage refunds for their tickets from meera teacher. I wasn’t. My friends weren’t. Not that it’s not me who did win the sole prize.

But money has a peculiar way of keeping no records by itself.

Not in this life a battle for ‘money’ ‘coz I have a few calls too many to attend to.


I owe a lot to teacher. She gave me a chance too many. Looking back I feel how well she shaped a part of my life. Cheers for all that and Thank you.

Was I saying at times I am pugnacious? Ok, at other times I am not.

---

The sea-goddess at Shanghumugham was at her pray-to-able best!

Christ is a myth. Christmas is a mystery. Inscrutable!
But I don’t go about untying mysteries.
We met the sea-goddess, perhaps for the last time this year.
And I took her along! I thought I couldn’t live without her.

Was I wrong?

Abhinav’s message ; today morning:-
“Does God exist? Vote yes or no with reasons!”
So much for free messaging!
It was fine talking to Jinoj on spirituality.

He has done a course at the art of living institute.
The art of ‘His’ living! I mentally frowned.
At the end of the day people have their own Gods. I have mine!

I had just taken one more along.

2 comments:

The Rocking Heart said...

@Vish, TPV is an awesome idea.. But u aint a speck on a speck.. You are a flourescing speck on an ocean of colourless specks!!!

Waking up 11 40 aint a crime dude.. Ppl dont realise that 24 hours is for our taking..Want not, waste it for all they care!!

And ya, as the sole winner of saarang 2006 i still havent received a treat from mr.creative writer par extra-ordinaire..(Fellow etymologist, read with the french root..)

And i am in the process of naming my most valued possessions, not the materialistic values, but the things that always bring to me fond memories.. Will blog on that later..Searching for names now..

Anonymous said...

i simply like your language.write more & more.why didn't u write more about cp & autism.