Ardhanaareshwara

Ardhanaareshwara

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Two days in Cochin!




I spent the last two days in a city that can arguably be called the second best thing that has happened to Kerala, first being Lord Parashuram’s axe.

I was left with no doubts as to which city in Kerala is booming.

Yesterday was spent between Madakappillil, Cocoa Tree, the book and some profound (somewhat enlightening as well) talk on cerebral palsy and autism. The first in the list being my aunt’s ancestral house, the second a popular hangout in this place (call it Cecil’s treat), the third being the Hitchhiker’s guide and the fourth the perils of a few people’s lives, one of them a close relative of mine.

Since I started blogging I have noticed that I have a penchant for calling days eventful. I am slowly beginning to realize that such are how days are meant to be, in life. Cocoa tree was a real experience. I have mentioned before about being at ease with man’s leaps. Cocoa tree, Ambrosia et al are part of it and gustatory pinnacles at it as well.

Even today I felt the need to blend into the busy streets, I felt the drive to be part of a whole busy set of people, unknown to each other. I wanted to blend into the shadows as well as bask under the streetlights. I was all alone today because contrary to his suggestion day before Reuben wasn’t free today. He had a God to please with some Christmas carol practice. He chose God to his friend. I wasn’t discouraged and whiled away my time at Bay Pride Mall and the marine drive. Bay Pride was a fascinating place to be in. Had I had my ‘team’ here in Cochin we would have knocked the air out of Bay Pride. Nah??
http://www.baypridemall.com


Had food at a China Town(at the Mall). Fresh, Spicy and rocking tasty!

At the drive I met with one Mr. Mahesh who claimed to be in the cine field. It is not the first time this is happening. A few months ago in a train journey I had met up with a guy of my age who was working in some camera crew. I guess that on both occasions the claims were true, because details in their speech were consistent. Today I happened to share the same bench with Mahesh and hence the association. Dude, different people have different takes on life!

After a long gap I rode my Pegasus (my Kinetic Honda, for the uninitiated). The first time it is that I was driving a two-wheeler in Kochi. The Aluva – Ernakualam route, for covering chechi’s ATM! Then again I felt - the chime of the city’s call; man’s collective urge to burn liquid gold; and my zeal for an unbiased contribution! Simply put, I felt happy being part of man’s squalid togetherness. How reeking was the unclean backwater at the drive and how disorganized the lane traffic on the route??

Between all this I found time to see how work is going at ‘Kalyan’- our house!!
Watched part of ‘Bruce Almighty’ as well.

No comments: